Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Mold Damage Tips from SERVPRO of Northern Colorado Springs / Tri-Lakes
After water damage occurs, your next concern should be that of mold growth. Since mold is grown out of moisture, water damage is one main culprit to mold. Making sure that professionals are onsite to dry out any remaining moisture is your safest bet to deter mold. SERVPRO of Northern Colorado Springs / Tri-Lakes is available 24/7 because we know that time is of the essence when you are dealing with the safety of your property. We have the tools and training to handle water damage and tackle any hidden moisture to mitigate mold growth.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (719) 434-4626
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Northern Colorado Springs / Tri-Lakes for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northern Colorado Springs / Tri-Lakes has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Colorado Springs
- Palmer Lake