If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (719) 434-4626

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Why DIY Mold Removal Is Ineffective In Your Colorado Springs Home

7/26/2018 (Permalink)

No mold can grow inside of your Colorado Springs home that goes away on its own without some form of intervention.

Why DIY Mold Removal Is Ineffective

No mold can grow inside of your Colorado Springs home that goes away on its own without some form of intervention. While often this work entails the hiring of professional remediators to come into your home and remove the mold colony entirely, many damages could result from allowing this kind of problem to persist.

Some people believe that any homeowner can take care of mold growth in their home with some bleach and elbow grease, but in truth, this might cause many health concerns for you and your family. The more you understand mold damages in your Colorado Springs home, the better understanding you have to get the situation resolved quickly.

Among the first things that should get addressed are the websites that insist that mold can get removed by a homeowner with some scrubbing on the surface with cleaners and bleach. While bleach-based products have had effectiveness against certain kinds of mold, it can also harshly react with other varieties, posing more potential health concerns that already exist with the mold colony growing in your house.

The next concern that you should be mindful of is the nature of a mold colony itself. These organisms delve deeply into the organic materials they seat on, making it difficult for someone using conventional cleaning methods to remove the entire hyphae. Typically, scrubbing on the surface only removes the top layer of mold damage that you can see, allowing the organism to continue to grow and eat the material out of sight. Our SERVPRO remediators have methods and equipment that penetrate well beyond the surface mold to affect the entire organism.

Finally, mold removal is a process that is often unsafe in general for those who do not have the appropriate personal protective equipment. Our SERVPRO professionals wear respirators, coveralls, and gloves to handle materials and tools during the mold removal, as not to breath in the spores that can cause health concerns during this remediation effort.

There is no mold that you can find in your home that goes away without concentrated efforts. While you might have believed that this is something you can handle on your own, now you can see the advantages of professional remediation. Our SERVPRO of Northern Colorado Springs / Tri-Lakes applied microbial remediation technicians are standing by 24/7 at (719) 434-4626.

Click here for more about Colorado Springs.

Other News

View Recent Posts