If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (719) 434-4626

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Electric blanket causes house fire in the Springs

For many people, there is nothing quite like the comfort of an electric blanket on a frigid winter night. If you hate the feeling of sliding into icy sheets at night, then you probably know the pleasure of flipping a switch and allowing your electric blanket to prepare a cozy spot for a night of good rest.

For one of our customers with an aging electric blanket, flipping that switch led to disaster.  The electric blanket caught on fire - fortunately before the homeowner got into bed.  The fire destroyed the bedroom and heavily smoke damaged the rest of the house.

In these photos you can see what a difference having the proper equipment, cleaning materials, and technician training make.  Instead of having to demo most of the sheetrock in the house, we were able to clean and repaint - saving the homeowner weeks of time in repairs.